Friday, February 12, 2010

Red Dress. Special Day.

I have some amazing news to share, before I get into my actual blog .... I got engaged last night!!! On my birthday, too!!! What a fabulous birthday!! :) 

Since I've been in FL, we've eaten at some amazing restaurants. I wanted to share those, along with some pictures from last night. Got a special red dress from Barney's on the way down to FL. I decided on a red dress for 2 reasons. One, I need to incorporate more color into my wardrobe, especially since spring is right around the corner. I feel like I always buy things in black, and while I love the color, I need to get more colored pieces. Secondly, since I've been blonde, I've been liking the color red on me more and more. I thought this bright red dress could be worn a lot of ways, and I'm glad I got it! I wore the dress with one of my favorite pairs of sky-high black heels. They have a hidden platform inside, so they are very comfortable!

For lunch, Chris and I went to Yoder's, a quaint little place in Sarasota that we had seen on Man vs Food.  We were sold when we saw that they made tons of homemade desserts, the most popular being the Peanut Butter Cream Pie. Since we both love dessert, we thought this would be the perfect place for a birthday lunch. We were right...everything we had was amazing! (especially the pie!) That night, Chris and I went to the Ritz Carlton in Sarasota for drinks before dinner. The hotel was gorgeous. There were red roses all over the place, for Valentines Day. After he proposed (and calmed down), we met our friends for a birthday/celebration dinner at this cute tapas restaurant called Ceviche. Between the four of us we got 7-8 dishes. My favorties were the "ceviche de atun," sushi-grade tuna marinated in lemon, lime, cilantro, jalenpeno, and sweet onion.....the "gambas al ajillo," shrimp severed sizzling in garlic and EVOO and red peppers.....and the "table mixta," which was a plate full of meats, cheeses, and fruits! We also had an amazing champagne sangria, with tons of fruit floating around the glass! After dinner, we all came home and opened a bottle of 2005 Duckhorn Cabernet... hands down the best wine I've ever had!! What a great night!

Peanut Butter Cream Pie from Yoder's, complete with bday candle!


Ritz Carlton


Love these shoes!!






Some of our yummy food at Ceviche




Wanted to share this special moment with everyone reading :)

6 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post so far! :) Can't wait to get together to hear your story!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh CONGRATULATIONS! :D You look Amazing in that dress btw!
    kisses from Stockholm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much :D
    Oh Nashiville, that's really nice! do you sing yourself or write music? :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't sing myself. I started my own business, in publishing. So I work with songwriters and pitch their songs to artists here in town...in hopes that they will record the song and put it on their album! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks AMAZING!! And I know I've told you before, but Congratulations!! Your ring is spectacular!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmigosh you are so gorgeous; and CONGRATULATIONS on getting engaged! Let the wedding planning begin!! :)

    ReplyDelete