Thursday, February 4, 2010

Miel.

Last night, my boyfriend, a songwriter I work with, and I tried out a new restaurant called Miel. It's a French restaurant that serves local farm and artisan products It's in a weird area here in town, but the building and inside is very warm and charming. For appetizer, I had some of the BEST oysters I've ever had while dining in Nashville. (They came from Boston, so that explains it!) I also tried Foie Gras for the first time ever! I am an adventurous eater, but foie gras always kind of weirded me out. It was good and very tasty, but it was a little too fatty for my taste. Glad I tried it, but I think I'll stick with oysters from now on! I also tried Bouillabaisse for the first time. Bouillabaisse is a fish-type stew served in a tomato broth. There were prawns, scallops, muscles, and fish in the stew. I loved it and will definitely try it again next time I see it on a menu! We also had some amazing wine that went with everything we had. It is pictured below if you want the name. Miel means "honey" in French, so I was told last night. At the end of our dinner, the waiter brought out tiny spoonfuls on orange blossom honey. It was the perfect ending to a fantastic meal! If you're in Nashville I would highly recommend this place!







Foie gras


Another dish worth mentioning... the duck, it was a special last night. YUM!


                                                       My fabulous Bouillabaisse

Creme Brulee, inverted so that it's in a sugar cup! Very inventive!


My dessert choice: Profiteroles with hot fudge sauce


6 comments:

  1. Linds,

    So happy to hear you visited Meil. Todd, Joelle and I LOVE that place.

    Muah,

    Addy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so delicious! Really like you're blog gorgeous, would mean a lot if you could check out mine! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome scarf, and love the pop of pink with your shoes.
    And that food looks delicious!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those profiteroles look INCREDIBLE!!!

    acquireddistinctiveness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pop of colour with those shoes look fab with the outfit

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm not sure which i love more — your shoes or your dessert!

    ReplyDelete