Monday, December 15, 2014

Winter Series: Nails

Remember my Summer Series? (One, Two, Three, Four, Five) I've decide to start a Winter Series now that it's officially COLD in Tennessee!  First up in the series… I'm starting with nails! When it gets cold, my hand and nail routine is one of the first things I change. We're talking heavy-duty hand creams and dark, moody nail colors! First thing's first… moisturizing! Here are my favorites:
I love this Coconut Body Butter from Trader Joe's! 
You can also get it online at Amazon, here.

My favorite coconut oil to cook with AND use on my body/nails! I keep a jar in my bathroom and put some on my hands and cuticles before bed each night. The jar is only $5, and it lasts a long time!

I also love Sally Hansen Vitamin E Nail & Cuticle Oil, but Julep's Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum looks pretty wonderful, too! 

Want a whole routine? The sweet folks at Julep shared this tutorial with me on how to winterize your nails… 


I've been drawn to the dark, inky colors that signify winter for a long time, and here are some of my winter faves:

However, I've recently been introduced to a new brand whose polishes and business motto I love: JULEP! I mean... any company that says, "At Julep, we believe that beauty is connection - not competition or illusion or perfection" has my attention, support, and respect! 


Julep has some beautiful nail colors that are perfect for the colder temps! I especially love Sawyer, Ilsa, and Joanne! They carry the polishes on their website and at Sephora, which I plan to check out today after work! Take a look at their new nail polish color page to see all of their amazing colors!

Here are some fun ideas with Julep's polishes: 
*Try painting all your nails with Sawyer & putting Ilsa on the tips.
*Paint both ring fingers with Sawyer & the rest with Ilsa for a pop of copper!
*Put Joanne on your fingernails & Shari on your toenails for a twist on holiday-themed nails!
*Do a French manicure using Kiki & Ilsa.


I would love to know about your favorite winter nail colors in the comments! Thank you all SO much for reading! It means so, incredibly much to me! Merry Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment