Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Summer Series Two.

This has been the summer of salads for me. Once upon a time, that statement would have NEVER come out of my mouth. In my mid-20s, I competed in pageants. Due to the fact that I would be judged in a bikini, I ate a lot of salads. A-freaking-lot. After I finished competing, I boycotted salads for a long, long time. I thought they were boring and considered them "diet" food. I am glad I've changed my tune, because there are some incredible salad recipes out there now! I am sharing two of my faves with you now! Please share your favorites with me in the comments below. Thanks!




As promised, I want to share the recipe for that fabulous salad I showed in this post! Filled to the brim with crunchy lettuce and fresh fruit, this salad is a perfect accompaniment for any summer meal! My aunt and uncle also add strawberries and pomegranate seeds to this salad, making it even better, if that's possible!




Here are a couple of links to other favorite summer salads of mine:
Peach and Tomato Salad w/Red Onions & Avocado
Tomato, Peach, Goat Cheese, and Pecan Salad…. maybe my #1 fave summer salad!
Cucumber Avocado Caprese Salad
Strawberry Kale Salad with Nutty Granola Croutons
I also love throwing a bunch of fruit like watermelon, cherries, cantaloupe,  and raspberries in with some cucumber and avocado, and putting half a lemon over it all + a few shakes of red wine vinegar. So fresh and yummy!





2 comments: