Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Summer Series 3.

My beauty routine has been so simple this summer! I've relied on a few old favorites and found several new ones that have become a staple part of my everyday routine. I wanted to share a few things that I've been LOVING this summer...




Jane Iredale Glow Time BB Cream: I've been LOVING this gorgeous BB Cream this summer! It's a little heavier than most BB creams, which I like because sometimes I want more coverage than the average BB cream offers. It buffs out beautifully, when I use the Real Techniques Brush I listed below. I stays put, too, which is a huge plus in this Tennessee heat! Highly recommend this!


CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion: I just started using this product in the Spring, and I think I've found my go-to AM moisturizer! I wanted to find something at a lower price point since this was a product I use every single day. I already use and swear by this face wash from them, so I wanted to see if their daily moisturizer with SPF was any good. I break out soooo easily, so it's hard for me to find something that works and doesn't break me out. So far, so good! Makeup goes on very easily over this, too! You can find it anywhere...Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, Walgreens, etc.



Peter Thomas Roth Cucumer Gel Mask: Even with all this humidity, my skin has been so dry this summer! Odd. I know. Between my skin being dry and spending some time in the sun, this cooling and moisturizing mask has been a life saver! I love how my skin looks and feels after using it. Very refreshing after a day at the pool/beach/lake!


Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray: My makeup lasts so much longer when I spray this hydrating spray over my face once I am done with my morning routine. I also take this with me and spray it on my face throughout the day for a little pick-me-up! It has a cooling time release that lasts for up to 12 hours and temperature control technology that chills the surface of your makeup to keep it looking just-applied for 12 hours, too!


Laura Mercier Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer: My go-to makeup during the summer! It's extremely easy to apply...I usually use my fingers or a Beauty Blender. Add concealer, Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze, and so mascara...and GO! Easy as that! It is sheer and offers the perfect amount of coverage for a day outside, or a day you are running errands and don't want to get fully made up. I love this easy-to-use product so much!


Scott Barnes Body Bling: I get the original color. Your legs will look 100x better in shorts if you put this on them. End of story. It's a bronzing lotion with a bit of shimmer in it, giving the legs a beautiful, bronzed glow!




{Close up pictures of MAC's Modern Mandarin blush & Tan Pigment}


I am absolutely obsessed with these two makeup products for summer! This blush might look scary in this picture, but it goes on sheer and can be built up for a more intense look. It looks AMAZING with a tan and a nude color (like the tan pigment or MAC's "All That Glitters" eye shadow) on the eyes! This Tan pigment is gorgeous! I use it all over the lid and put a mixture of Bobbi Brown shadows in Toast and Caramel in the crease. Talk about a summer makeup look! It's gorgeous!





A couple of other products I couldn't leave out of the list...

The Boscia mask was a purchase at Sephora during the middle of the summer. I was so dry and flakey, I was desperate for something that was going to be intensely hydrating. The sweet girl at Sephora suggested I try this sleeping mask, and it's been my night-time moisturizer almost every night since! I wake up and my skin is so soft and dewy! I would have never gotten it on my own, but I am so glad I asked a professional. She saved my skin (and my sanity) this summer!


I love Kiehl's products, but I've never used any of them until this summer. (I got this serum a couple of months ago and use it at night right after I wash my face and before moisturizer.) My under eye area has always been dry, so imagine it was even worse this summer when my skin decided to revolt on me. I had heard great things about their Avocado Eye Cream, so I tried it and LOVE it almost as much as I love my husband. Or wine. Or both. It's very hydrating, leaving the under eye area almost dewy and fresh once applied. My concealer goes on perfectly when I use this eye cream... which is daily.

The Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush is a no-brainer. You can get it at Wal-Mart, CVS, Walgreens, etc. for under $10. In a time where brushes can cost upwards of $40-$50, this one will rock your socks off and not break the bank! I use this to put on my foundation and BB cream, and the application is flawless! Change the way your makeup goes on by buying this budget-friendly brush!

Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster: A friend recommended this to me a few weeks ago, and I am so glad she did! I try to never tan my face, always slathering on 55 SPF and wearing a hat when I am outdoors. Because of that, my face is much lighter than my body. I love when my face is tan, but I do not want my face to look like a leather boot when I am older. The solution? Grab a bottle of this easy-to-use serum, mix it into your AM or PM moisturizer, and leave your face be bronzed naturally! I doesn't ever get dark, just a nice little glow. I'm a fan!

I would love to know what your summertime beauty favorites are! Share below in the comments! Thanks!

(P.S. Enter the giveaway that my business, Sidney Clark Designs, is doing today! You can enter on our Facebook page or on Instagram!)




1 comment:

  1. Pretty and beautiful have no distinction; they are the equal thing. Pretty is a person or thing that looks nice on the outside. Heavenly is a person or thing that is all around a marvel, inside and outside.
    If you get quickly relief in any skin problems buy this medicines-Retino AC Gel

    ReplyDelete