Monday, February 2, 2015

The Gratitude Project.




1. Girl Time - This past weekend one of my best friends came to town to visit. She needed a little getaway. I don't have 2 children like she does, but I think I was looking forward to her visiting just as much as she was! Maybe for different reasons, haha! I'm thankful for her and our friendship that has lasted close to 15 years! She is super busy, like most women with children and a job, but she still makes the time for herself and for the people she loves. She's one of the kindest people I've ever met, and I am thankful to have met her years ago on a small pageant stage in West Tennessee.

2. My Business, Sidney Clark Designs - About a year ago, I started a business with my mother and aunt. I had been wanting to do it for a long time, but the baseball lifestyle and all the traveling didn't bode well for an online clothing business. Once Chris retired, we promptly started the business and haven't looked back. As all of the spring clothes start to arrive, my entryway is filled with boxes, papers, and pretty clothing. It gets me so excited to see it all, but mostly I am grateful for this opportunity because it has been a bright spot in my everyday life this past year. I really love doing this and helping women dress and feel good about themselves. This business and its timing has been an amazing blessing to me, this past year and every day since.

3. Grandparents - On February 5th, it will have been one year since I lost my grandfather. There has not been one single day this whole year that has gone by that I have not thought about him. And missed him. Thinking about that fact, though, I am incredibly grateful that I got to have 30 years with all 4 of my grandparents! What a blessing! I don't know many people my age that can say that, and it's not something I take lightly. I'm grateful I can still enjoy them in my adult years, and I really enjoy learning about the people they were before they had kids. I encourage you to spend time with your grandparents because as we all know, they will not always be here with you. I cherish those times and memories!




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you all got to spend time together. I totally understand about your grandparents. I grew up with all 4 of mine and still have 2. They are such blessings. I know our grandparents in Heaven are looking down on us smiling! Love reading your posts!! :)

    ReplyDelete