Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Coconut Bliss Balls



I cannot, for the life of me, remember where I got the recipe for these yummy Coconut Bliss Balls! I am always emailing myself recipes and screen shots of things I want to make. I usually add the source of the recipe on the emails, but evidently I was too excited about making these bad boys to include that info. So to whoever made this recipe… THANK YOU! Well-done! I have a serious sweet tooth, and these are the perfect thing for after dinner or a mid-afternoon snack. If you make these, let me know how you like them!


COCONUT BLISS BALLS
Yields 13-16 balls

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup raw organic almonds
1 cup fresh Medjool dates (8 dates), pitted
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Dark)
2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
pinch of sea salt
Optional: chia seeds, cinnamon, dark chocolate chips, diced dried cherries 
(I used 1-2 tbs of chia seeds)

Place almonds, cacao and shredded coconut into a high-speed blender or food processor. Process on high until ingredients are similar to a flour consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and blend on medium to high until fully messed into the dry ingredients. Pour mixture into a bowl. Spoon a tablespoon worth of the mixture in between your hands and roll to form a ball. Mixture will stick together, just keep squeezing and rolling! Repeat until all the mix is used. Roll the balls in extra coconut flakes. Place in the freezer for 1 hour and serve.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment