Friday, July 31, 2015

Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies.


{via}


Y'all. These cookies. I can't even type because I'm eating my 4th one. For breakfast. 

I kid not.

They are THAT good! 

These Mocha Chocolate Chip Cookies are loaded to the brim with goodies...semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and cocoa nibs. Before you even think about omitting the cocoa nibs, just don't. Run to Whole Paycheck Whole Foods and grab you some. Or order them online here, at Amazon. (Those are the exact brand I used.) The cocoa nibs don't add any sweetness, but they add this fantastic crunch to the cookie that MAKES the cookie! Trust me. 

I used 2 different methods since I didn't have the cookie scoop that the recipe called for: a small scoop, which made the cookies turn out thin and very chewy - definitely smaller than the picture above. Then I used this method on "How to Scoop the Perfect Cookie" and those turned out as big as the picture above but still thin and chewy...which is ok with me, because this makes them heavenly! 

Make them and see for yourself... You will love them!

AMAZING MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
recipe adapted from here

2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
2 tbs espresso powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 c unsalted butter, softened 
1 c granulated sugar
1 c firmly packed brown sugar 
2 large eggs
1 tbs vanilla extract
2 tsp coffee or coffee extract (I used coffee)
1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips or chunks
1 1/2 c milk chocolate chips
1 c cocoa nibs
1 tbs sea salt (I love Maldon!)


Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, espresso powder, baking soda, and salt.
  3. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and coffee extract, beating to combine. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until combined. Stir in chocolate chunks, chocolate morsels, and cocoa nibs.
  4. Using a 1 3/4-inch spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough onto prepared pans 2 inches apart. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 5 days.




Here are some other cookie recipes I love:
Orange Chocolate Chippers
Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies
No-Bake Biscoff Cookies
Soft Batch Dark Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Cookies 
Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment