Monday, January 19, 2015

The Gratitude Project.

{My motto for this series}


1. Unexpected Run-Ins - After a particularly emotional morning last week, I ran into a friend that asked me how I was doing. I am usually always so upbeat that my answer (bursting into tears) just shocked her. She then proceeded to bless me more than she could ever image that day: she listened to me. Without judgement and without interruption. She just listened. She told me about a podcast that had uplifted her that week (listen to it here; it's called "New Year") and recommended a book that had really inspired her. I am grateful that God put her in my path that morning.

2. My Courage - I admit I was a little nervous to start this series. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am always honest and open with my thoughts and feelings. I will compliment or talk to someone in a heartbeat, but this series would mean getting really personal with my you guys. It made me nervous to start, but I am thankful that my courageous spirit look over because this is something I want to do and (hopefully) bless people with!

3. Beautiful days in the middle of winter - This past Saturday and Sunday were GLORIOUS!! Dare I say "perfect!" In the middle of January, when the days seem to run together in a mass of cold and gloom, those two days were perfect reminders that good weather is ahead of us!

4. Answered Prayers - My mother has been having some back/foot issues lately. In trying to pinpoint what the problem was, she had to go through some pretty major tests. Some of which, the results could have been life-ending or life-altering. Major. Hearing that she would have to undergo all of those tests and maybe get bad results shocked me to my core. I prayed every SECOND of the day when I wasn't thinking about trying to turn left onto a busy road, or what temperature to put my oven on to cook dinner, or listening to my husband talk about his day. When all the tests came back negative, and I knew that she was going to be "OK," I literally fell to my knees to praise God!!! I am grateful today, and forever, that my mother got good results from those tests.

5. Christmas Decorations - I was at my parent's house this past weekend and helped take down some Christmas decorations. I love that time of year and always hate to see decorations being taken down and put away. In that moment, next Christmas seems so far away. It reminds me that time flies, so soak it up and enjoy it to the best of your ability. It also reminds me that I am so loved. I see that in the handmade ornaments on the tree, the pictures of Christmases past that are set on the mantle, and the decorations so lovingly put out each year for us to enjoy.

{The table-side tree that is up in my room at my parent's house}

{My husband got his own stocking last year! My grandmother hand-makes and beads them all!}




No comments:

Post a Comment