Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Gratitude Project.







{My view this past Sunday!}

Sorry I'm a day late with this post, but better late than never... right??

1. Weather above 70 degrees! I know I've already mentioned nice weather on here, but WOW... I would be crazy if I didn't mention the gorgeous weather we had on Sunday! I spent the majority of the day outside with friends, and it could not have been a more perfect day! I was in constant praise to the good Lord for blessing us with a day like this after cold snowy weather, followed by what seemed like nonstop rain. My mood was light, and there was a smile on my face the whole day. I am so, so happy to see the first signs of Spring and good weather coming our way!

2. My Bed - Last night, after a long day and a hard workout, I all but ran to my bed right after dinner. Maybe it was because I was so tired, but I melted into the sheets and really noticed how wonderful my bed is. I stopped for a moment to say a quick "thank you prayer" that I even have a bed...and that it is so gloriously comfortable. I know many people in this world do not have a soft, warm place to lay their head at night, and I am truly grateful that I do. When my mind is in a place of gratitude, I become grateful for the smallest things. Things I might not even think I need to be thankful for... but I am. My bed is one of them because it is a place I feel safe, calm, and rested.

3. Golf - I cannot believe I just wrote that. If you know my husband, DO NOT tell him I said that!! HA!  He thinks I am not too fond of golf, and the truth is...I'm not, but not in the way you're thinking. Chris loves to play golf. "Love" might not even be a strong enough word for it. He would do it all day every day if someone would pay him let him. In an attempt to spend more time with him, I tried to learn a couple of years ago. I am a realist, though, so let's just say the game of golf isn't for me. However, I am thankful for golf because it has led him to make many, many great friends. In turn, I have met several of those friends and their wives or significant others, and they have become my friends, as well. You really get to know someone riding alongside them for 18 holes, and I am thankful God has placed so many amazing people in the cart next to him. Having moved here from CA, he didn't have a big base of friends, so it's been a great way for him to make lifelong friendships...and get me a couple in the process, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment