Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Favorites.

I am starting to include FOOD in my "Friday Favorites" posts! Surprise. Surprise. Y'all know my life pretty much revolves around food, right? I always love to hear what people's favorite meals are and what they cook at home when they are wanting to impress their family or guests. I love to know what is on constant rotation in their house, meal wise, because that gives me new ideas and inspiration. So hopefully these posts will give YOU inspiration to try something new and yummy, too! Please share with me what you favorite meals are in the comments! Thanks a ton!


Just reading the recipe, you can see how easy this is to throw together! Like the rest of the world, I try and balance healthy eating with a busy schedule! I find making a big batch of this grilled chicken recipe at the beginning of the week works so well for me. For my lunch, I just grab a piece and throw on top of a salad when I am running late in the mornings (ohhhhh….which is every day!), or cut it into cubes and toss with fresh cucumber, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and a little feta for a great afternoon snack! I feel like baking chicken in the oven is so blah! The oven doesn't infuse any flavor into the chicken, but the grill just takes it to the next level. The marinade helps, a lot, for sure. I've used both fresh and dried thyme, and they both work wonderfully! I have also used (and loved) fresh and/or dried rosemary in this recipe. The recipe comes from one of my all-time favorite cookbooks, There's No Place Like Home: The Art of Cooking for Family & Friends. (picture below) My mom gave it to me years ago, and it continues to remain a favorite cookbook! THANKS MOM!

 This simple, flavorful chicken dish is a staple in my house, so if you make it, let me know what you think! Enjoy!





Check out my friend Tiffany's blog, Just Another Shopaholic, as she is featured a Sidney Clark Designs scarf last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment