Monday, July 21, 2014

I'M BACK + a fantastic summer cocktail.



 I feel like I should re-introduce myself. Hi, I'm Lindsay, and I am TOTAL slacker when it comes to blogging. I mean..... look at the post before this one. Over a year ago. Ridiculous. I mean I'm busy, but not THAT busy. I've missed you guys, and I've missed blogging. I just didn't know where to start after being gone so long. Thanks for letting me back into your life :) Shout out to Whitney at Heart & Arrow Design for helping me spruce up this blog! She's an incredible talent and soooo patient. Contact her if you need any blog help or graphic design work! You won't be disappointed!


Onto my first post after taking a year+ long break...


I shared a cocktail on my Instagram a year ago that got a lot of attention. I never shared the recipe because my blog was in shambles...and I'm a slacker.  But we know this already. It's the PERFECT summer cocktail! The recipe is for 2 pitchers, but it can easily be halved or made into a single drink using similar ratios as the original recipe. I wrote the recipe down, but I cannot remember where I got it. I think I saw it on Refinery29, but I can't be sure. Enjoy this tasty drink this summer with friends!





BLUEBERRY & BLACKBERRY GIN COOLER
*this recipe is for 2 large pitchers

1 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
1 1/2 cups of rosemary infused simple syrup
4 cups lemon juice
16 oz. club soda
12 oz. gin


To make simple syrup, combine 1 cup of sugar with 1 cup of water and add two sprigs of rosemary. Bring to a boil, and take off heat to allow the mixture to steep for 15-20 mins. Meanwhile, juice your lemons (or you can use pure lemon juice from a bottle). Add the juice and syrup to the berries. (I do this step in the pitcher/container that I will be serving from). With a wooden spoon, smash a few of the berries. Allow to sit for an hour, for best results. This allows the fruit macerate. After an hour, mix everything together in one big pitcher or two smaller ones. Taste to see if more simply syrup is needed. I love the prominent taste of the rosemary, so I always add more of the simple syrup. Garnish each drink with a sprig of rosemary! Enjoy!


For a single drink, I usually add a small handful of blackberries and blueberries into a glass, toping it with the juice of one whole lemon. I mash some of the berries with the back of a spoon, and let the mixture sit for a few minutes. Then add 1-2 tbs of the rosemary simple syrup, 2 oz gin, and fill the rest of the glass with club soda. I taste and make any adjustments at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment