Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars.


In my quest to eat healthy, the thing that always trips me up is what to have for an afternoon snack. I try to stick with something full of protein, for sure. When I found this recipe for Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars, I knew I had to try them! The original recipe was a little dry, so I added almond milk to make it just perfect! I absolutely love these bars for a quick, take-anywhere snack! Here is the recipe:

APPLE CINNAMON PROTEIN BARS

  1. Spray an 8x8 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Whisk together and set aside.
  2. In a smaller bowl, combine egg whites, stevia or honey, almond milk, cottage cheese and vanilla. Whisk until well incorporated and then add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix again.
  3. Fold in grated apple and mix until combined.
  4. Pour batter into the prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 mins, until completely done. Test to see if they are done by sticking a toothpick in the center. If it comes out clean, they are done! If there is wet batter on the toothpick, stick them back in the oven for a few minutes. It always takes mine 30-35 mins to get completely done. To stop the top from browning as much, cover with foil. There are 64 calories and 8 grams of protein per square!

I have another variation that I will share later! SO GOOD! This is my new favorite afternoon or pre-workout snack! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment