Thursday, July 20, 2017

Lindsay's Fave Greek Kale Salad.

I think I hit (kale) salad nirvana this week! I know, coming from me - the self proclaimed salad hater - that's a bold statement. If I am going to make, or eat, a salad... it better be EXCITING. Aka: have lots of flavorful stuff in it. This one did not disappoint! I added things from several kale salad recipes that I've made this summer and turned it into the most AMAZING salad I've ever made.

 Don't believe me? See for yourself! I don't measure things in this salad, but I did include some rough measurements if you're so inclined. I just fill a big ol' bowl with kale and get to adding things as I see fit!



LINDSAY'S FAVE GREEK KALE SALAD

1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped/torn into small pieces
1 cup chopped cucumber (around half of a cucumber)
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved 
1-2 cups chopped bell pepper (use any color or combo you have; I used green and orange here)
1/4 - 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives
2 tbs fresh basil (or sprinkle a little dried basil on top if you don't have fresh)
1/2 cup Artichoke hearts, roughly chopped (I just throw a handful on the salad)
1/2 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed) 
Feta cheese, to taste (around 1/3-1/2 cup)

Put the torn kale leaves in a big bowl. I like to soften the kale leaves as I prep the rest of the ingredients by drizzling them with a tiny bit of olive or avocado oil then massaging it into the leaves really well. This breaks down the kale a little, allowing it not to be so tough. Add all other ingredients, then toss with a Greek dressing. You can use store bought, of course, or use this simple one I always do: 1/4 cup of avocado or olive oil, juice of one lemon, can also add the zest of the lemon, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, and sea salt and pepper to taste. Throw all of those dressing ingredients into a jar or small tupperware dish and shake away! Drizzle over salad and toss.

This recipe makes enough for left over lunches, too!

Sorry about the Photobucket nonsense! I've figured out how to get rid of most of them, except for this one. If anyone has any know-how on this matter, let me know! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment