Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Like the rest of the world, I cannot believe Christmas is here! Today is Christmas, and in my family, our traditions and celebrations started last night on Christmas Eve! There is something truly magical about this time of year, and I am blessed to have such wonderful family and friends to share it with! Like my Thanksgiving post, I wanted to share some of my family traditions with y'all today. I would also love to hear some of your traditions and holiday routines! I love hearing what others do to make Christmas special for them! We spend Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family, at my grandparent's house. We have a nice dinner and open gifts afterwards. We are there until almost midnight! On Christmas morning, we wake up and open presents with our immediate family. Around noon, we have the rest of the family over for Christmas brunch…. which is my favorite meal of all time!! The day after Christmas is usually when my mom's side of the family gets together, which makes Christmas last a little longer! I love this time of year and am thankful for its true meaning!
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

2005

2005

2006
My dad's side of the family, on Christmas Eve. We managed to get a whole family shot this year!


2008: The 1st Christmas Chris and I spent together!

2008
A day or two after Christmas, my mom's side of the family gets together to celebrate.
That year, we at it at my parent's lake house, in Paris, TN. 
Note: The apron I have on is one my grandmother made for me after I saw a really expensive one in a magazine that looked EXACTLY like it! Very special!

2010
We have a new addition to the fam! I got married about 6 weeks before Christmas this year, so we added Chris to the Christmas chaos :) 

2010
We usually sit in our designated seat and the kids pass out presents!

2010
The obligatory brunch picture. 
I take a picture like this every year! It's my favorite meal of life!

2011
This year Chris and I decided to host my mom's side of the family for Christmas! We had just moved in our new house only a month before! 

2011
Kitchen table centerpiece. 

2011
The main Christmas table.

2011
Our first (real) tree in our first home!

2012
We put our tree up early this year, because we were spending Christmas in Southern California!

2012
Finally getting my Christmas decor down to an art!

2012
Playing golf in Laguna Beach on Christmas Eve!

2012
Got back to my parent's house on the 27th and had Christmas Round 2!
Here are some scenes from their house that year...

2012

2012

2012
Scenes from Christmas Dinner

2012
Mom and Dad added a beautiful flocked tree with vintage ornaments this year!

2013
We got a WHOLE family photo this year, even my sweet husband was in it this year!

2013
My dad has been collecting wine-themed ornaments and put up a wine tree in their kitchen!

2013
My grandmother made Chris a stocking this year! He's officially part of the fireplace now! 

2013
This is a special picture to me, because it's the last picture of me/us with my grandfather.
He passed away a little over a month after this picture was taken. Thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Christmas is essential to numerous Christians since it advises them that: Jesus, the Son of God, came to Earth for all individuals, represented through the visits of the astute men and the shepherds.
    Buy all types of medicines from here-"online ed prescription".

    ReplyDelete